Hello! This is a cool makeup you can try for the upcoming Halloween! Remember to moisturize your face before attempting this. This tutorial is done with basic makeup tools like brushes, eye liners, liquid liners, lip liners, blusher, eyeshadows and face paints in white & black. Wow, didn’t realize I used my entire arsenal of tools. Nearly.
- Eye liner – Skulls have empty eye and nose sockets, so we are going to sketch this in.
- Apply white face paint. It is important that your face paint is not cakey and dry if you want your makeup to last the whole night. You can always mix with your foundation or thin it down with water.
- Apply black face paint and clean up the edges with a small brush.
- Contour face with blusher and gray shadow. White face paint can really make your face look flat so we are going to do some contouring here. Use bronzers or blushers on the side of your nose and below the eye sockets. Give your cheek a sunken skull look with grey shadow.
- Liquid liner – Draw a line from your ear to the other, passing through the middle of your lips. Paint the inside of your lips black. Then fill in the teeth marks. They look abit like stitches don’t they? Then draw a cobweb on your forehead. And then maybe a heart between your eyes. You can also extend some swirls below your cheek(See photo next to instructions) Finish off with a beauty mole!
- Fill the cobwebs with grey shadow, blending downwards & draw the lace for the eye sockets.
- Lip liner – draw filigrees above your eyebrows & below the eye sockets. Roughly sketch a rose at your chin.
- Liquid liner – Fill the rose with a lighter shade of blusher then line it with black liner.
I had fun on the day of this photoshoot(shot by KY).. Hehe.. Here are some more photos of this cool makeup.
Ate lunch as a skull
Threatened my brother into kissing me
Went to pick my sister from her dancing class
I parked my car and waited inside, 2 policemen came up and shouted, ‘OI!’ all of a sudden. Gave me a shock. Had a bit of a laugh after that though.
I love this look, so vampiric! Something different compared to what I have done before.
Divide hair into 2 bunches left and right. Curl inwards towards your face.
Take 2 stands of hair just above the ear. Twist and pull to the back. Tie a knot, secure with pins or bands.
Tease the upper part of your hair.
Line your eyes with black eye liner.
Go over with black eyeshadow.
Go around with magenta.
Go around with purple.
Nude lips. Smudge hot pink in the center of your lips.
Most holidays, I stay coped up at home facing the good old Apple but this year’s Raya is a series of eat-athon & photography. Ever since I got my new camera, we’ve been to photography excursions in our garden where our outside cat shit. Good fertilizer.
Of course, we took the liberty to go to parks for photography as well.
The awakening of the Civet
Right before the holiday start, I rushed to finish up my latest painting for a mini exhibition. It’s gonna be sold together with Vinn and Michelle’s(my new staff!) paintings in Mojo Cafe. This particular piece is done on canvas, with paper pulp texture to hold the graphite and inks.
On one of our never-ending meals, what a term .. we do need to eat continuously for the rest of our lives anyway. Cis. Sometimes my brain is not up on par with my intelligence, I am telling you. Anyway, we went to Taman Desa’s Japanese BBQ. Not yakitori kind but just plates of food raw meat for you to burn and drop in the charcoal. Occasionally some may end up just nice and lands on your plate.
This place has delicious food. However, they are pricy. One plate of meat cost 8 bucks and has less than 10 slices of meat. If you really wanna fill up your gastronomical space, it might cost you 60 bucks.
If you head to the place later than 8.30, you get to wait for a long time. People are usually spending more time cooking and trying to get the waiter’s attention instead of chomping down their food. And they usually arrive in hordes. Which is what I like bout the place, the atmosphere is like a party!
I think we had Ba Kut Teh consecutively for three times already. And most of the times, I had to be dragged out of the bed and into the car. I can never fathom the idea of eating pork and only pork soup with rice for breakfast. What an indulgent start to a day!
Speaking of which, we went to movies too. I should take more portrait photos then you will know who are ‘we’. But the photos always end up being deleted due to my picky quality control, as if I am a pro :p
While waiting for movies, we hid in Mbuji and Pacific Coffee House to avoid the heavy influence of our inner shopaholics. It didn’t work very well, shopping was inevitable. Have you seen the photo of KY in a ladies’ glittering flats? Horrendous.
I do love tea time. It makes me feel British and who doesn’t love to play pretend.
Our escapades in food hunting brought us to Jalan Sayor where we debated over which crispy tofu stall is better. There are two of them and the one that has clippings of Chui Ling and her show on the mobile stall are the one that is lacking in texture. The other one is so crispy and flavorful.
I managed to take a cheat shot of a girl with a headphones. Street photography is difficult in the sense that they always notice you noticing them and taking a photo of them. She was looking away anxiously as I pretended to just browse my photos with my screen tilted. Good feature for peek shots like these.
Almost every day I paint my face and did my hair. I think I lost some of my confidence back when I couldn’t have a good photo of me taken. And also my ever protruding chin. Now that I have a camera AND braces, me confidence are slowly coming back. Funny how small issues like this can affect a girl so much. I would like it to be otherwise, but it is what it is.
If you do not know him personally, you should know he is a clown. that doesn’t stop. talking.
If you are into Gothic makeup or you need some dramatic makeup for that rock concert, this look is for you! It is subtle enough to be worn to a variety of events or you can exaggerate it to suit your sch-tyle. Ok, let’s head to the details!
Before you attempt this look, make sure that you are having a good-face day or you are going to look like a hot mess! No pimples or breakouts. Hydrate your skin well before trying this look. This look is suitable for younglings with flawless skin.
- Apply a nude shimmer colour to your lids
- Define your under-eye with dark brown eyeshadow
- Intensify your under-eye with streaks and smudges of black eyeshadow
- Time to take that eyeliner and line your eyes. This time, be messy when you are doing your under-eye. Go with feathering strokes.
- Finish the look with long falsies. Make sure you do this to balance the makeup. The smudged eyeliner serves as a dramatic shadow effect for the upper lashes.
Put on some lipstick, don’t be so square! Dab it and go over the borders. Enjoy the sexy night out!
Sometimes when you are in a hurry and just happened to miss a few details, it can be quite shocking to look in the mirror and discover that your falsies are stuck too far apart from your natural lashes. There is a huge gap between them and you can see your skin, worst of all your natural lashes are a little bit too attached to gravity.
Instead of redoing your falsies, you can always grab your black liner and fill in the blanks between the lashes. Then to fix the droopy natural lashes, just swipe your mascara and hold it for some time. This will fuse both lashes together. Ingenious.