You must be wondering how those cupcake look so beautiful…Well now you can have your own designs with these 2 recipe.
The butter cream icing is a soft-based icing which allows you to easily spread it like butter, write words or make decorative borders. The texture is a bit similar with whip cream which you can find on cakes.
1. 150 gm soften butter
2. 250 gm icing sugar
3. 1 tsp vanilla essence
4. 2 tsp very hot water
Tips: If you want it to be red, green or other colours, just add a drop of colour paste and mix it well with the icing.
Ways of using butter cream icing
1. If you want to use the icing as a base, use the spatula and spread it across the cupcakes.
2. If you want to use it for decorative purposes, take a pastry bag & cut the end a little. Then fit the pastry tip (design according to your choice) to the end of the cut area. Make sure it fits nicely. You can secure it with a tape if you want. Then take use the spatula to scoop a fair amount of icing batter into the pastry bag. Squeeze it till the icing batter comes out from the pastry tip.
Sugar Paste Icing
Sugar paste icing’s texture is much stiffer. It is useful if you want to mold shapes and other designs as it is able to stand.
2. 1 tbsp liquid glucose, warmed
3. 350 gm shifted icing sugar
1. Stir the egg white and the liquid glucose together in a large bowl.
2. Add in the icing sugar and mix it with a spatula in a chopping manner until the icing begins to bind together.
Tips: If you want it to be coloured, out a few drops of colour paste on the dough and knead it till the whole dough is coloured.
Adding colour paste to the sugarpaste icing for decoration
1. You can use a shape cutter or a knife to cut the paste into any shape you desire.
2. You can also flatten the paste and use it as a cover top for your cupcakes.
Storing tips: Wrap the paste with a clear foil and keep it in the fridge. It can last for about a week. If the paste is dry, add a few drops of warm water and knead it.